In Memory of Heath Ledger

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, 2009

« Older   Newer »
Kassandra*
view post Posted on 2/2/2008, 09:33

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
as Tony.
[Died during filming; production indefinitely suspended as a result]

A traveling theater company gives its audience much more than they were expecting.

Edited by DaughterOfTheMoon - 2/2/2008, 10:22

HeathLedger1Fan
view post Posted on 18/2/2008, 18:40

their still continuing this film with the help of a few actors for heath's spot

DaughterOfTheMoon
view post Posted on 14/9/2008, 12:43

Though the film is not quite finished yet, a post-production teaser/behind the scenes video for Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus has arrived online via QuickStopEntertainment. Watch as Gilliam introduces his fantastical new world -- showing artwork, set design and brief glimpses of actual scenes -- all while briefly explaining the film's bizarre storyline ("it feels like some of the films I made when I was younger," he notes).

Gilliam says, "The film begins in modern London. Parnassus (Christopher Plummer) is a thousand years old. Parnassus as the power to expand your mind beyond anything you've ever dreamed of. For centuries he's been traveling the planet with his traveling theater, The Imaginarium. Parnassus is a prophet; he has a secret he made once long ago with the devil -- and that secret will possibly destroy all their lives or possibly save them. It depends on who they meet ... and who they meet is a man named Tony (Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, Jude Law), hanging from a bridge in London. They save his life. Is he there to save them? Or is he working for the devil? These are the things we unravel as the story unfolds."

Yup. Makes about as much sense as most of Gilliam's work, but the visuals he reveals in the video look amazing and beautiful and definitely pique my interest. Not to mention the Tim Burton-esque score quietly playing underneath it all. Check it out above, and thanks to Matt for sending it our way. The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus is due in theaters next year.

source

2 replies since 2/2/2008, 09:33   200 views